This week had been very busy. Adam had 3 ballgames – 2 of which were away at Oliver Springs and Oneida – and the other two nights I was at church. I did have a productive week at work with preparing financial aid information for my Senior Students, preparing Writing Assessment materials, and organizing almost 20 permanent records of new students who have enrolled since Christmas Break. I don’t know how people find Oakdale, but they seem to be flocking to us!
The trip to the Oneida ballgame was enjoyable even though it was on a week night. I was able to catch up with a few former classmates as well as a few former students.
In regards to my Marines Trip, we were supposed to be reimbursed for our expenses to get home since we had missed our plane. The gentleman, who gave us permission to rent a van and drive home, sent the following e-mail to all of us:
Legend of the Stranded Educators
Ladies and Gentlemen,I submitted the facts on our missed flight/car rental travel dilemma and unfortunately there will be no reimbursement from the US Government. It would appear that Misses Reeder and Gregory went well out of their own pockets to address the situation. Please contact them directly for compensation.1. Lauren Gregory (car rental)$270.002. Yvette Reeder (meal at SW Grill) - $72.00
Respectfully Submitted,Sgt. Andy Hurt
I have contacted the public relations Lt. about getting reimbursed. The saga continues.
Our house in Oneida is still there and still quarantined. We are waiting on estimates to come in to clean the house and re-test to get the quarantine lifted. There has some clarified information which has helped to ease our minds. All of which I choose not to publish as we are working on a lawsuit against the renter. I’m praying we can be reimbursed for all of our expenses and sell the house.
Adam began his first college class through Roane State this week. He is taking part of the dual enrollment program and has enrolled in Composition I and II for this semester. He is able to take the class at Oakdale School and gets credit for his Senior English at Oakdale. His teacher is the infamous Vera Scarbrough who retired from Oakdale a few years ago. I actually had her for Comp II when I attended Roane State 20 years ago. It’s so neat that Adam gets to have her as his teacher as well. By Wednesday, Adam had had 2 away games and 3 nights of major English homework. He was overwhelmed and thought he wanted to drop the class. My mom came to the rescue and was able to encourage him. I told him dropping the class was not an option. It is very intense, but will be totally worth it. He has since gotten more comfortable with the class. He likes Mrs. Scarbrough, but the work is a lot more than he is use to. He will have 6 credit hours by the end of this semester.
My pastor at my church has asked the congregation to read the Bible through during this calendar year. I have been reading, but I am somewhat behind. I’m working hard to catch up though. I read something the other day that struck me as funny. In Mark 1:29 – 31 it says:
“As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. Simon’s mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they told Jesus about her. So He went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them.”
Isn’t that just like a woman, to begin working right as she is getting well? I just thought it was funny that Simon’s mother-in-law decided to set the bar high for the rest of us women. Thanks a lot!
I think we are all hoping for a huge snow early next week so we can get out of school for a few days.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment