As I have recuperated from my trip to the United States Marine Corps Training Depot at Parris Island, SC and put my thoughts together, I have become aware that I am a lot like a Marine. Whether the recruits show up at basic training or they develop it during basic training, we have passion. To hear the Marine Recruits/Marines talk about what they do, they are humbly proud and you can hear the passion in their voices. They have a passion for their country, for the Marines, and for everything they do and stand for. I think that all branches of the military share this feeling, as do most people in the world. But do other people in the world carry out their passion? Did they have passion and lose it along the way? And what is my passion? My realization is that I have several passions. I’m a complicated woman so I have to have more than one passion.
My first passion would be Jesus Christ. I love my personal Savior who died on the cross for my sins. I’m so thankful that I have accepted His free gift of eternal life and hope to pass that passion on to others in everything that I do.
Family would be my next valuable passion. I have a wonderful 16 (almost 17) year old son with whom I hold a close relationship. My husband is “the keeper”, who I dare not try to even chase away. He accepts me the way I am. As equally important would be my parents who have taught me from birth what true unconditional love is. They have never let me down. My brother, sister-in-law and nieces allow me to be “crazy Aunt Bette” and still love me all the same. I am truly blessed beyond words. My time with all of my family is priceless. I to know that I have never been unloved!
Having true friends, who stick to you like glue through it all, is a piece of good fortune. There are those friends who I haven’t talked to in years, but am able to pick up where I left off. Then I have those friends who know when to get in my face and know when to leave me alone. The best thing about my friends would have to be that they know exactly who I am and accept me anyway.
I love working with students and watching them develop into young adults. Since I was a little girl, I wanted to be a teacher. One who taught students, not just subjects like math, science, social studies, English and reading. I strive to be the example I should be as an adult for all students with whom I come in contact. I pray that each student knows that I truly care about them and want what is best for them. Spending time on a military base made me grateful that I work in education. I couldn’t make it in the military, but I’m thankful for those that are willing to give their time and passion to keeping our freedoms and country safe.
I couldn’t finish this without talking about my enthusiasm, some say obsession, about Bon Jovi and Peyton Manning. I can’t explain it, but a get a flutter in my heart every time I hear a Bon Jovi song, Jon Bon Jovi speak, or Peyton Manning speak. Maybe one day I’ll get to meet one or both of them!
So thinking about passion, what would yours be? If you have lost your passion for something how to you get it back? Do you want it back? If we have a passion for something, we should give it our all. The Marines are willing to risk their lives for our country and our freedoms. They go where they are called and don’t ask questions. They are there. Shouldn’t we be that passionate about something? I want to be part of “the few, the proud”!!!!!!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment