.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

So the past week has been interesting, to say the least. Of course it’s never boring with me. In fact I fantasize about being bored!
Thursday, I went to the doctor because I was having problems with my hands hurting and my right thumb locking up. It has been hurting for over 3 weeks. The doctor listened to my symptoms and rubbed around on my hands. He determined that I have “trigger finger” in my right thumb. I also have arthritis (the osteo kind) around both of my thumbs. So excited to know that I have “old Arthur” in my life!
Bill saw the “talking doctor” and she gave him an assignment. He is supposed to have a lawyer hired by the time he goes back to her in 2 weeks. We have to file bankruptcy on the house in Oneida and file a lawsuit against the ex-renters.
Since my SIL(sister-in-law, more like a sister), Beth and have birthdays near each other, Mom and Daddy planned to come to East Tennessee and take us out to eat. (Beth has decided not to celebrate this birthday since it is a milestone!) We decided to eat breakfast at The Apple Barn Farmhouse Restaurant in Sevierville. We have to be there at 9:30 that morning – which meant leaving our house at 8:00am on a Saturday. For a woman who normally sleeps until 10 or 11 on a Saturday, I didn’t have any trouble getting up. I looked forward to spending time with my wonderful family. We had a great visit and I took some great pictures which are above.
Mom and I went to Goodwill because the last weekend of the month is half price. I found some good buys as well as mom. We are looking forward to our “girl time” this coming weekend at the Women of Joy Conference in Sevierville – which is Friday through Sunday.
Yesterday morning, we headed to church. As I was sitting there during prayer time, I realized with my hands hurting, playing the piano would hurt. And then I thought of the parable of the talents from Matthew 25:14 – 29. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2025:14-29;&version=45;
If I don’t start using my talent of playing the piano, God could take away my talent. I decided that I would begin practicing the piano that afternoon. On my way out of the church, one of the ladies that plays the piano stopped me and asked if I would play the piano during the offertory song during the morning worship service of the month of June. Is that a God thing or what??? I have chills just typing this!! I love how I’m hearing God’s voice and listening to other people. My Bible Study and staying in His Word, is helping me. It also helps to keep my mouth shut and listen for what God brings to my mind.
Bill took me to Wal-mart in the afternoon. I wanted a paraffin bath for my birthday. The doctor had told me it was a good thing to use for my hands that it would help with the stiffness and general pain I was having with my arthritis. I used it tonight, and I feel some relief. Unfortunately I can only take Tylenol (since I had a bleeding stomach last year and can’t take Alleve or Ibuprofen.) I also got 2 new pizza pans – the ones I have are rusted!
So today, I’m celebrating my birthday. I am 39! I am very proud of my age. I plan to hit every birthday head on and not look back on anything with regret. My 30’s have been a whole lot better than my 20’s! I began year 39 with a little exercise. I got up a few minutes early and worked out on the elliptical. It was a short time, but any exercise is better than none. I have to work up to longer periods of time. The ladies I eat lunch with got me El Cantarito’s for lunch (my favorite Mexican place). I got many birthday wishes and thank all those who thought of me. My husband and son took me to El Cantarito’s for supper. Boy and I glad I worked out this morning!
Remember in Joshua 1:5 God says – “…no one will be able to stand up against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.” In Joshua 1:9 God tells us to “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
I’m so thankful for these promises.
.jpg)

Happy Birthday Sweet Lady!
ReplyDeleteHere's to 39 more years--
Love you-
Anne