Monday, April 6, 2009

How can someone be so heartless?

Over 2 ½ years ago, on the way to school, I drove up on a tragic accident that killed two of our boys. That had to have been one of the worst days of my life. One boy, Jordan, was pronounced dead at the scene. The other boy, Jason, died on the way to the hospital. Several memorials have been placed throughout the Oakdale area. There were two white crosses placed beside the road at the scene where these two lives were taken. I’ve seen them decorated with flowers and other things. Kids and adults knew what these crosses stood for and have helped to keep them decorated.

Over this past weekend, these two crosses were pulled from the ground and thrown down the mountain. The flowers that decorated the crosses were torn from the crosses and thrown to the ground. Jordan’s daddy and another man from the community hiked down the hill and brought the crosses back up to the place they belong.

I know these crosses were not where these two boys were buried, but to me the crosses stand for where Jordan and Jason’s souls were taken from their bodies. This act was the same as if someone did damage to a headstone in a cemetery. I am very disappointed that someone is heartless and evil enough that they would be that disrespectful of the dead. These boys were a part of our school and a part of the community. I’m better off not knowing who did this. But I hope someday they feel really guilty about what they have done. I really hope that it was not any of the students at our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment