Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Terrific Tuesday


I’ve been considering a career change. Most days I love my job, but there are times that it is extremely stressful. So, I’ve been thinking about something in the medical field. I realize that it would be stressful, but it would be a different kind of stress. Being a Surgical Technician or a Polysomnography (sleep studies) Technician are at the top of my list. I have the opportunity to job shadow a Surgeon at Roane Medical Center. Today I went to RMC for orientation for job shadowing and had my picture made for my name badge. I will be scheduling my job shadowing in the next few weeks. This experience may help me, but I can also use it in my job to help students understand the job shadowing process as well as the surgical technician career.

About a month ago, my mom was selected as Teacher of the Year at Cannon County High School. (Picture is above) She learned yesterday that she was chosen as the Upper Cumberland Region Teacher of the Year and will go on to compete in the Middle Tennessee Grand Division competition. I’m so proud of her!

Adam took his final exam for Comp I today. He will begin Comp II after spring break. He’s been busy with being the stage manager at “the play” at Oakdale and playing basketball with an AAU team.

My husband is losing his mind. I’ve told him to call the 1-800 number on the back of the insurance card to make arrangements to visit “the talking doctor”. He did just turn 40 on Christmas Day. Maybe he’s having a mid-life crisis!!! I just say "Lord, Bless Him, Just Bless Him."

My Uncle Randy (mom’s brother) and Aunt Rhonda are visiting from Indiana this week. The whole family is planning to convene at my house Friday night. Randy was really sick about a month ago. It’s really exciting that he is feeling well enough to travel.

Funnies at Work:
Our Assistant Principal, Mr. Snow is in charge of evaluating all of the teachers. Yesterday he was evaluating the Driver’s Ed teacher with a student driving. Long story short, the student driver wrecked them almost into a creek. It’s funny to hear Mr. Snow tell the story.

1 comment:

  1. I think you would be a rockstar in the medical field. Although, I think you are a rockstar at everything you do. I've always wanted to be in the medical field. Wow, another way we are similar!

    ReplyDelete